Thursday, January 15, 2009

Un-Realplayer

Another near perfect day filled with peace and purpose. Some business to tend to and a few errands to run, followed by some Beef Lo Mein and an ice cold root beer. Then off to schoolla boolla and back home for a pleasant evening watching some TV and working on the computer. Its a simple life for a complicated guy, just the way I like it!

Speaking about computers… I see a comment about my imbedded audio file and the install of the un-realplayer. It sent a shiver down my spine. You see I am not a big fan of real from days gone by. In the early days of the real player it was a top heavy and dominate player that didn't play well with other media players. It would make system changes when installing, and if you tried to uninstall it, it would often leave file associations at odds.

In fairness to real I haven't used their programs in a few years and seldom come across a file that is in the real format, that isn't also offered in alternative formats.

So what does any of this have to do with the cost of a cup of hot coffee? I have changed the audio intro, and have opted for a mini flash player. Flash is cool and we all have it. So If you don't have a use for the real player and its on your system, send it to the digital scrap heap!

Less is more.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

dumped the real player but as you said it left some junk I made a note of leftover files and will try to delete them as well. Bloggin is fun huh?

Anonymous said...

Insighted philosophy ... However, about the 'real player' - I haven't the slightest notion what you and Dad are relating to and that's real, really real, okay w/me!
I'm still in computer kindergarten and just barely get by there.
I'm glad you posted and hope to read another posting soon.
Have a comfortable, enjoyable evening ...
Much love ... Mother

Anonymous said...

Nice job on the additions to the blog and like Alice...I am at a loss for real or fake players?? Don't know what that's really all about...although I like to act like I do sometimes!:) Glad to have you on board one space....really handsome site...TK

Anonymous said...

hmm this is quite similar to the blog I read the other day Oh Nevermind it's the same one............

Debbie said...

Hey One Space....everytime i come back here I am reading the same blog? Whazzzzup with that? We miss your blogging....you have a lot to offer and we are missing out!

Debbie said...

Where are you ONESPACE???? Come back.....come back......come back.......You were the force behind all of us blogging and now you dropped out!!....It is time to re-enter the blogosphere....:)

Post a Comment

If you are reading this you are at least considering leaving a comment. Don’t hesitate, go ahead and do it! You’ll be glad you did…